I have been a certified personal trainer and sports medicine professional for the past 17 years, and have trained more than 20,000 sessions during that time. I have a Bachelor's degree in Athletic training from kansas wesleyan university and a master's degree in kinesiology from the university of texas at tyler. i have extensive experience in rehabilitation and corrective exercise, including the areas of cardiac rehab and spinal rehab. I am also a stage 4 lymphoma conqueror and have personal experience in returning to activity after treatment. I am a former collegiate basketball player and NAIA all-american in both the shot put and discus.
-Nasm Performance enhancement specialist
-Nasm corrective exercise specialist
-Nasm sports fitness specialist
-Advisory board member for wellspring school of allied health
-Kansas wesleyan athletic hall of fame inductee 2017- basketball
Bob has been a certified personal trainer since 2004. In 2016 he started Vaughan Fitness, LLC which specializes in corporate wellness, personal training and speed and agility training. He has a bachelor's degree in Health and Human Performance from Fort Hays State University. He is also a former collegiate wrestler at Labette Community College and at Fort Hays State University. Bob’s goal is to help you realize your full potential through a health and wellness program. He believes if you do not feel well you cannot perform at your highest level. He instructs appropriate technique to enhance strength, flexibility, coordination and balance. Equipping you to become the best version of yourself by reaching your fitness goals, preventing injury, and becoming more productive. Without proper exercise and nutrition, your body slowly breaks down into a state of disease. Experiences and credentials:
- National Corporate Fitness Institute - Certified Corporate Fitness Specialist
- NASM Corrective Exercise Specialist
- NASM Performance Enhancement Specialist
- VP of Membership and member of Lionsgate Toastmasters Club
- Head middle school wrestling coach from 2009 - Present
- Kansas middle school coach of the year 2013
- Assistant high school wrestling coach 2009 - 2017
- Kansas 4A assistant coach of the year 2012
- Student assistant wrestling coach at Fort Hays State University 2003-2004
- 4 year high school varsity wrestling letterman
- Junior college varsity wrestling letterman
- Division II varsity wrestling letterman
- 1999 - 2001 Labette Community College Associate of Science, Emphasis: Psychology and Sociology
- 2001 - 2004 Fort Hays State University Bachelor of Science in Health and Human Performance, Emphasis: Health Promotion and Wellness
Matthew likes long walks on the beach, puppies, mirrors, skinny jeans, shiny objects, and tight shirts.
Rachael has been a certified personal trainer since 2014. She received her bachelor’s degree in biology from Concordia College in Moorhead, MN and her medical degree (D.O.) from Des Moines University in Des Moines, IA. She was also a collegiate hockey player and high school pole vault state qualifier and placer.
Rachael decided to switch gears during her medical residency training at KU Medical Center to pursue a career in the health and fitness industry as a personal trainer. While in medicine, she witnessed many disease processes that could have been lessened or even prevented by diet and exercise. Rachael believes that regular physical activity and healthy eating habits are essential to improving all aspects of our lives. Her emphasis is on functional training so everyday tasks can be performed with less effort, more energy, and improved strength. Her goal is help others live a happy life, reach their full potential, and to make exercise not an end-point but a lifestyle.
- American Council on Exercise (ACE) certified personal trainer
- ACE-senior fitness specialist
- Doctor of Osteopathic Medicine, Des Moines University, Des Moines, IA – 2013
- Bachelor of Arts, Biology Major, Concordia College, Moorhead, MN - 2008